Study Permits

Worldwide recognized education

Planning your education in Canada

Exploring educational opportunities in Canada is not only an academic decision, but also an open door to a promising future. By choosing to obtain a Study Permit in Canada, you not only gain worldwide recognized accreditation, but also establish the foundation to possibly obtain permanent residency after completing your studies. At Emigrar Canada Legal Services, we are here to guide you through every step of this exciting educational journey.

Opting for a two-year study program not only provides you with the opportunity for immersion in a high-quality academic environment, but also allows you to work part-time while studying. This balance between education and work experience enriches your time in Canada and provides practical skills that complement your academic training.

Once you have completed your study program, the door is opened to new job opportunities with the possibility of obtaining a full-time Work Permit valid for three years. This step is crucial for those who want to gain work experience in Canada and contribute to the local labor market.

To meet these requirements, the next step would be to explore options for applying for permanent residency through federal and/or provincial programs. Our team of experts, as agents for various universities in Canada, is trained to provide advice and assistance in obtaining admission to the educational institution that best suits your academic and professional goals, in any province.

To obtain a Study Permit, some key criteria are required, including acceptance letter from a university or college, financial ability to cover tuition and expenses during your stay, genuine intent to study in Canada, and demonstration of advanced English proficiency, at least at a B2 level according to IELTS.

We invite you to consult with our Immigration Consultant to address your specific case and receive personalized guidance. At Emigrar Canada Legal Services, we are here to make your educational dream come true and facilitate the path to a rewarding and successful academic experience in Canada. We are committed to being your partner in this exciting educational journey!

Frequently asked questions about students.

Usually not. You should stop working once you have received your final grades. You may continue working after finishing your studies only if you have already applied for a work permit, or are starting a new study program.

Yes. You can leave Canada and come back as long as your visitor visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is still valid. If your visitor visa or eTA has expired, you must apply for and receive a new one before leaving.

There is only one exception to this. You may be able to re-enter Canada with an expired visitor visa (not an expired eTA) if you only visit the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon and return to Canada before your study permit expires.

Yes. However, your study permit is not a travel document. It does not give you the right to travel to or enter Canada. Along with your permit, you may need: a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Depending on where you are from, you may only need your passport. Make sure you know what document you need to travel and enter Canada.

Yes, you can stay in Canada as a temporary resident until IRCC makes a decision on your new permit application. You must ensure that you have applied for a new permit before your original permit expires. If you applied to extend your study permit, you can remain in Canada and continue studying under the conditions of your original study permit.